Sunday, January 8, 2012

When SkyCandy isn't paper crafting, She crochets.....

What a beautiful afghan SkyCandy has made.  The red is just the perfect red....... nice and deep.  I love the pattern.......  I am not a fan of variegated yarns, but SkyCandy's gorgeous use of color in her afghan has got me rethinking variegated yarns!


This afghan is still a work in progress! This pattern is free at ravelry.com; and, is Judith Russell's Lightweight Lengthwise Afghan. SkyCandy used two strands of Deborah Norville Everyday Worsted in the color Holiday for the multi-color. She cut the dark green color out of the original pattern because she likes the pinks and reds more!


I love this afghan!!! It's perfect for winter decor.  It would make a lovely Valentine gift :-)





4 comments:

  1. Thanks MAC, a fun afghan to make because it is just double and single crochet stitches.
    Doesn't the variegated yarn look like pepermint candy? Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, Yummy Colorway...... I love the colors!! The red is a favorite and the sage green is a perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great hobby to enjoy when you aren't paper crafting. The afghan looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you picked for this. I know you searched the stores for just the right shades. They look great together.

    ReplyDelete