Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vintage... One of a Kind Contest ~ Tag

My Scrappy Friends over at Vintage... 1 of a Kind sponsored a contest at my LSS to kick off their line of amazing vintage embellishment kits.  Each kit is truly one of a kind, and created by hand by the folks at V1.  

Here is my entry.  I haven't done altered art previously, so this was a real challenge for me.  I wanted my creation to tell a story.... I used Graphic 45 Baby to Bride paper and created a mythical Baby to Bride Shoppe in downtown San Francisco, circa 1906.  I wanted my tag to look at though it was made from long forgotten "junk' drawer stuff.  I also included a vintage calendar..... they were so popular for every shoppe to give away back in the day.  I got the vintage calendar from the Crafty Secrets.

Here is my picture story of my first altered art creation....... moving from the Vintage... 1 of a Kind Kit I chose, through my initial planning and then the finished product.  Enjoy :-)

To see the other entries, visit the Vintage... 1 of a Kind Blog:


















2 comments:

  1. WOW! Love love the tags. Turned out so great. Awesome - they all come together so well - the fence, the lace the dragon fly. Great great job! Hope you win! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Pam :-)..... I am up against some really stiff competition!!! You can visit the the Vintage... 1 of a Kind Blog to see the entries:

    http://vintage1ofakind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete