Saturday, October 1, 2011

Christmas Idea Journal ~ Smash Book (Binder) for Holiday Ideas and Supplies

I have been collecting so many Christmas and Holiday ideas, I really to keep them organized in one place!  Recipes on my computer, pictures on Pinterest, photos on my IPhone, ideas buried in magazines and blogs......... I have a large collection of Christmas rubber stamps and holiday graphics, punches, dies and cartridges......... So while reorganizing my stash the other day, I came across a my collection of Christmas stacks......... and I decided they would be perfect for making a Christmas Smash Book!  Actually, it's a binder......... I really prefer binders as I can easily arrange and rearrange the contents.  I am sure you will notice the absence of bling, charms and ribbons on this project.  The reason for that is that I will be very tough on this binder as I "smash" my holiday ideas into it......... I decided to wait until I had my ideas, recipes, photos, etc stored in the binder before I added any bling.

I used miscellaneous Christmas stacks collected over the years at after-Christmas sales for the cardstock, most of it is SEI and K & Co.  The binder is a plain chipboard binder from Office Depot, perfect for decorating........ The dies are from Sizzix.











3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! Good binder idea also so you can add more pages. I have bits of Christmas plans and patterns etc everywhere and a place for all would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked back on this paper and realized its just not what I would buy today. I bought it because it was on clearance and I really want to use some of the stuff up that I thought was so pretty 4 years ago, that i just dont want to use today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete