Saturday, August 6, 2011

I spend hours looking for the perfect doodads, Vintage... 1 of a Kind

100% of my mini albums are 95% complete!!!  I spend hours looking for the perfect embellishments. I often think I spend more time in the car and on the Internet hunting down the perfect doodads for my creations then I spend making the mini album "bones".  I want the embellishments for my mini albums and other mixed media projects to be unique and just right.

I think I may have found a LOCAL answer to my never ending search for embellishments!!! We have a group at our local scrap store, the LOLs (short for Little Old Ladies); and, those crafty gals love to rummage the local thrift shops and antique stores.  They have started a new retail line of themed and color coordinated embellishment kits....... Vintage... 1 of a Kind.  The kits are just perfect for my projects.......... AND they save me the hours of driving time going from thrift store to thrift store searching for the vintage items I want for my creations.  Here are a few of the most recent kits....... needless to say, I have already purchased one; and, I have started a memory box for Halloween, which I will post in the next day or 2.








5964 South Land Park Drive
Sacramento, CA 95822
916.391.7929




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Embellishments are the best part of making a mini or smash book! I love the cooking set. Unique items are hard to find and the LOL's found them!

    ReplyDelete