Monday, May 23, 2011

Art Journal, Junk Journal aka Smash Book ~ Created my Own

After seeing K & Co's new Smash Book line, I visited all my local craft stores to catch a look at the new line in real life........ Eight stores later and not one has the Smash Book or the Ditto Memory Journal line......  Having made art journals and literature journals in the past, I decided to make my own.  

I created some graph paper online and used CorelDraw to create some artsy-type pages. I began by printing my pages in color; and, then decided I would like black and white and grey tones better..... So that any colors could be used throughout the album. I added red as the accent color to the black and white Making Memories "Wedding" cardstock..... The journal measures 8.5 x 5.5. There are 10 pockets on the dividers throughout the book. More can be added to the individual pages as needed. I printed out the journal pages on letter-sized paper and cut it in half. The journal is completed in black and white and red.... It has 50+ pages, the journal pages are printed on 32 pound premium paper.....  Added some coin envelopes and bright red folders for special things.

After the journal was completed, I stopped by Office Depot...... They have a their own line of clamps, clips, rubber bands, etc. in about 12 different colors. They are very affordable. I will decorate the cover when the journal is done, as using book will put too much wear and tear on embellishments.












3 comments:

  1. Hi MAC, this is a really cool idea! I can't believe you just whipped one of these up...wait...yes I can! Fabulous color choice...I think I am going to have to get some of the Office Depot supplies. They are too cute! Thanks for sharing this and keeping us on trend!
    Scrappin' Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a beautiful aqua color.......... and leopard....... about 12- 15 different colors and patterns in all. They are very reasonably priced. They are the Office Depot Brand........

    ReplyDelete